Akaunting 2.0: New Dawn, New Day, and a New VersionReading Time: 2 minutes
There’s a newer version of Akaunting improved to serve entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals better, helping them focus on what matters to grow a business.
It can’t be ignored that being open source and free software is one of the most powerful ways to help small business owners worldwide.
Building on these has enabled Akaunting to reach more than 180K users in more than 150 countries.
Our goal to better and simplify accounting workflows has led to the release of Version 2.0.
Meet Akaunting 2.0
This version reveals more about how we try to deliver the most value to our users and empower a community of developers to build solutions for small business owners.
We wanted to smoothen your product experience and make Akaunting more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
We thank our partner Creative Tim for developing Argon and supporting us in making Akaunting more intuitive, adaptive, and easier to customize.
Adopting a more contemporary progressive framework, VueJS, makes Akaunting experience richer and more interactive.
So what’s new?
- The new user interface makes Akaunting appealing to the eye.
- Customizable dashboards and reports so you would get the crucial business metrics at a glance.
- You can add/remove unlimited widgets to dashboards and share them with your staff.
- Email templates give a better client experience.
- Make bulk actions and search dynamically.
- Running a company is a permanent juggling act. We believe that management software must be fast, reliable, and engaging to help you do more without hassle. We have redesigned and built Akaunting as a Progressive Web App (PWA), so you can have the same product experience on the web, desktop, and mobile.
- We’ve also updated the foundation framework of Akaunting, Laravel, to its latest version, which comes with API resources, lazy collections, sub-query improvements, and job middleware, among many other improvements.
Early Beta Testers
We want to thank 500 users for giving us their priceless feedback.
We have fixed more than 100 bugs for this release.
How to update?
Updating your current Akaunting to the latest version is very easy and smooth. Please take a full backup (database and files) of your Akaunting before updating it.
Then you can update it with one click via the Update center in the admin panel. For more information, refer to the Update documentation.
We want to celebrate this milestone with a 20% discount on the App Store for two days. Coupon code: TWOZERO
Our cloud service has passed 50K companies, and the self-hosted version has been downloaded 150K+ times. We’ve also passed 2,600 stars on GitHub.