Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Error 500 when trying to download pdf of invoice

Nikhil John Stephen Pushpagiri   ( User )

Commented 3 years ago

Hi,

I use Akaunting v2.0.26 with php 7.4 on my server.

When I try to download the pdf version of an invoice I created, I get the below error:

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded.

Exception - Fatal Error in
/myAkuantingFolder/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/lib/html5lib/TreeBuilder.php (line 3416)

3411 /* 2. Remove entry from the list of active formatting elements. */
3412 array_pop($this->a_formatting);
3414 /* 3. If entry was a marker, then stop the algorithm at this point.
3415 The list has been cleared up to the last marker. */
3416 if ($entry === self::MARKER) {
3417 break;
3418 }
3419 }
3420 }

Has anyone experienced this? Any pointer to find a solution is appreciated. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you in advance.

Denis Dulici   ( Admin )

Commented 3 years ago

Hello,

You can upload a smaller logo from the company settings page.

Regards

Nikhil John Stephen Pushpagiri   ( User )

Commented 3 years ago

Hi,

Thank you for the responds. In my case changing logo did not help.

However, during the process, I found that I was able to create pdf for invoices that had a small description. I wasn't able to create pdf when the description where larger (probably because the invoice takes more than 1 page in this case).

Then, I manually reduced one long description for an item and after that I was able to generate the pdf of this invoice successfully.

Is it possible to do anyone of the following:
1. Truncate the item description in the invoice.
2. Disable adding item description in the invoice.

I did not find any setting for this. My data is being synced from an eCommerce store into akuanting, so reducing the size of the description is not really an option for me.

Thank you once again.

Caleb Cruze   ( User )

Commented 3 years ago

Reload the web page. You can do that by selecting the refresh/reload button, pressing F5 or Ctrl+R, or trying the URL again from the address bar.

Even if the 500 Internal Server Error is a problem on the webserver, the issue might just be temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.

If the message appears during the checkout process at an online merchant, be aware that duplicate attempts to checkout may end up creating multiple orders— and multiple charges! Most merchants have automatic protections from these kinds of actions, but it's still something to keep in mind.

Clear your browser's cache. If there's a problem with the cached version of the page you're viewing, it could be causing HTTP 500 issues.

Internal Server Errors are not often caused by caching issues, but we have, on occasion, seen the error go away after clearing the cache. It's such an easy and harmless thing to try, so don't skip it.

Delete your browser's cookies. Some 500 Internal Server Error issues can be corrected by deleting the cookies associated with the site you're getting the error on.

After removing the cookie(s), restart the browser and try again.

Troubleshoot as a 504 Gateway Timeout error instead. It's not very common, but some servers produce a 500 Internal Server Error when in reality 504 Gateway Timeout is a more appropriate message based on the cause of the problem.

Contacting the website directly is another option. There's a good chance that the site's administrators already know about the 500 error, but if you suspect they don't, letting them know helps both you and them (and everyone else).

Most sites have support-based social network accounts and a few even have email and telephone numbers.

If it looks like the site is down completely and you can't find a way to report the 500 Internal Server Error message to the website, it might help your sanity to keep up with the outage on Twitter. You can usually do this by searching for #websitedown on Twitter, as in #gmaildown or #facebookdown.

Come back later. Unfortunately, at this point, the 500 Internal Server Error is no doubt a problem outside of your control that will eventually get fixed by someone else.

Regards,
Caleb

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 1 to 4 of 4 discussions