Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

404 Error

Kim Mosher   ( User )

Commented 6 years ago

I have installed the software, followed the directions, but get a 404 error. I have PHP 7.1.15, Apache2, and MySQL installed. When I go to the appropriate website, I get a 404 Not Found Error. Any ideas?

Sebastian Di Luise   ( User )

Commented 6 years ago

Hi, do you meet the requeriments? https://akaunting.com/docs/requirements

Specially apache mod_rewrite.

If so, have you test a php script installed on the same dir as akaunting? (to test if that directory is apache php working)

Kim Mosher   ( User )

Commented 6 years ago

Yes, the requirements are met, I have double checked everything that I can find. Also, I put a phpinfo script in the directory, and it performs properly. This is a new linux installation and I did have to resintall php to get the newest version. Also, my apache2.conf: 

<Directory /var/www/webinate/greenline>

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride All

Require all granted

</Directory>

Also, the .htaccess file has : RewriteEngine On

I'm kind of new at this, so any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Commented 6 years ago

Try one more thing... I usted to hace the same problema I recall...

Just like the Directory entry your apache config has... Add a new one but with akaunting path, and the same inside options nd close the directory Tag.  Hope you know how yo, cause can't write todo muchas from muy cell now.

Then restart apache, and reporte back.

Commented 6 years ago

Sorry, the phone corrector mixed up.

Try one more thing... I used to have the same problem.  Just like the Directory entry in your apache config, add a new one but with akaunting path.  This is like mine and started working after adding it...

<Directory /var/www/html/akaunting>
        Options +FollowSymlinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

Kim Mosher   ( User )

Commented 6 years ago

No, I'm still getting the 404 error, with www/akaunting/auth/login was not found on this server

Commented 6 years ago

Strange... have you downloaded the github or the one from here? (https://akaunting.com/download)

If so... why dont you try deleting the whole akaunting directory, re-download, unzip the complete package to the same dir, and trying again?

Caleb Cruze   ( User )

Commented 3 years ago

Redirect the page
The simplest and easiest way to fix your 404 error code is to redirect the page to another one. You can perform this task using a 301 redirect. What's 301, you may ask? It's a redirect response code that signals a browser that the content has been transferred to another URL.
Correct the link
To err is human and mistakes can happen. Sometimes, people can simply mistype a URL. If this is what happened with your 404 error code, make sure you go back and fix the URL.
Restore deleted pages
In some cases, people will come looking for a page that you have deleted on your site. People won't stop looking for a page just because you deleted it from your site. Or, people might land on that page through external links. To fix this, you can always restore a deleted page. Unless there's a business reason to keep that page removed. If not, when you want to delete some pages from your site, make sure you redirect them to pages that have similar content.

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 1 to 8 of 8 discussions