Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Application Error 500

Franz Neumann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Sorry, the code got cleaned out when posted. Just look at line 38 and duplicated it at 39.

Franz Neumann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

I misspoke on the solution. It wasn't the information.blade.php file but the php file identified in the log posted above in the ... /storage/framework/views folder.

Fernando Garibay   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Ok thanks i will take a look in that file! :)

Franz Neumann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

If you're having any trouble finding it, it should be on the same path identified in the log entry I posted on the previous page. The specific file on that path should be identified in your log file.

In terms of the code, every time I post it, it gets erased. On my file it was copying the code on line 38, inserting a new line 39 and pasting that code from line 38 there. 38 and 39 should be identical. It's an "endif" instruction.

Dan Fujita   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

For non techies (I learned it the hard way), first you need to enable debug mode on akaunting. To do that, follow the instructions in: https://akaunting.com/docs/faq/error-details

Then when you try to open the page that is giving the 500 error, instead of showing the error it will show a debug page with details and pointing to the weird numbers.php file. Just copy and paste in the next line the last time this appears:

Richard Cooke   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Heh. I tried the same fix and it seems to work.

Just copy and paste the last line:
@endif
@endif

So there are TWO endifs. Logically, one of them might not be in the right spot, but so far it does not seem to matter.

Hopefully when this gets patched, it will replace our hacked files.

Sozis Für Tiere   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Thanks Franz.

I had a longer file but adding another

@endif

at the end of it did the job.

Fernando Garibay   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Well I fixed it too!
Ill reproduce exactly i did:
1.- I activated the debug mode
2.-I inytented to install an app and instead a 500 error page i received the debug page.
3.-The first file you found ( is a php file with a long alphanumeric name) is the one you have to go and edit it.
4.- Go to the bottom of the code
5.- Line 38 has a line with "endif" ( icant copy the line because is code and this forum doesnt allow write code in the posts)
6.- Just copy that short line, then enter to open a new blank line, and paste the line copied.
7.- SAve the file
8.- Open once again your akaunting instance and try to install an app
9.- You will gain access to the install process now!

Franz Neumann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Great to hear this worked for everyone. Cheers!

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 11 to 19 of 19 discussions