Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Updating to 3.0.0 failed. Can't manually update either.

Aculix Technologies   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Hello,

I tried to update my Akaunting instance from v2.1.35 to 3.0.0 via terminal. The installation failed at the last step as my PHP version was lower than 8.0.2 as required by the latest update.

However, after updating my PHP version to 8.0.2+, I am unable to run the updater again via the terminal. I am getting the following 2 errors:

Target class [Dingo\Api\Routing\Router] does not exist.

Class "Dingo\Api\Routing\Router" does not exist

My particular Akaunting instance always ran into Error 500 issues after user login since the 2.1.31 version update. It was seemingly fixed in 2.1.34 but it started happening again from 2.1.35.

So, I had to run the update script everytime to be able to access my dashboard again. This time, however, I was unable to complete the update via the terminal due to the PHP version issue.

Kindly, let me know how to fix the above error.

Thanks!

Manuel Pasieka   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Hi, I have similar issues.

I have akaunting running in a docker setup, and noticed recently that I get an HTTP 500 when trying to open the web interface.

Through an interative docker shell i tried to run

php /your/akaunting/directory/artisan update:all

where I get the same error as you do:

```
In Container.php line 877:
Target class [Dingo\Api\Routing\Router] does not exist.

In Container.php line 875:
Class "Dingo\Api\Routing\Router" does not exist
```

Any ideas, anyone?

Aculix Technologies   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Did you find any solution?

Ralph Streb   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Running into the same issue.

Lilith   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Same issue, has to do with modules it seems. Running docker with php 8.1 apache & I followed the stack trace for the error that akaunting spit out in the logs. The module throwing that specific error is BC21. Deleting it results in you getting to the login screen but I encountered database errors upon attempting to log in. Attempting other solutions right now, considering manually migrating modules from a fresh installation to the old one and seeing if that works.

Ralph Streb   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Went and completely blew away my installation folder, didn't touch the database, and redownloaded 3.0 from github, once I did that, I ran php artisan update:db and then I could log in fine, from there I reinstalled my modules. The Discord module is incompatible with v3.0 so far.

Lilith   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Thanks Ralph, I was missing the php update. Works fine after doing the same.

John Brand   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

A possible tip for others - I had to run php artisan cache:clear before the upgrade would run

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 1 to 8 of 8 discussions