Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Akaunting 2.1.32 update

Peter Duddy   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I'm having the same problem on my server. I'm not a techie, but it would appear that it is not fixed according to the comments above. Can someone explain to a newbie what we need to do to get this fixed!! I'm also stuck on 0%

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I ran it from terminal and got this error:

The command /usr/local/bin/php artisan update:finish core 1 2.1.32 2.1.31 failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /home/xxxxxxxx/xxx.xxxxxxxxx.com

Output:
================
Finishing update...
Application cache cleared!

In FinishUpdate.php line 47:

Not able to finalize core installation

Error Output:
================

But when I logged in to my installation it says "Congratulations! You have the latest version of Akaunting. Future security updates will be applied automatically."

So I'm not sure if everything updated properly or not

John Brand   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Hi Denis, I've used the SSH method you provided but still getting the following error - whether trying to run the .32 or .33 upgrade.

$ php artisan update core 1 2.1.32

In Update.php line 71:

Call to a member function makeCurrent() on null

I realised after my last post that the path issue was actually just to call artisan. That's not my issue by the look of it - though should I be running the command from any specific directory in the tree?

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

John, I ran the command from the root directory of my akaunting installation and everything appeared to proceed correctly only I got the error above about finalizing the installation. Not sure if that helps or not because maybe that is where you already tried to run the command from.

By the way, I ran the code that Denis posted in his first post which was for version .32 but my akaunting shows it is version .33 after running.

John Brand   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Ok, a little closer now. I suddenly realised that the "1" in the update command related to the company number - of which I had deleted company with the id of 1. When I replaced this with 5 (the only active company in my install) the update tried to run. However, I then received this error...

The command php artisan update:finish core 5 2.1.32 2.1.31 failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /home/customer/www/

Output:
================
Finishing update...
Application cache cleared!

In FinishUpdate.php line 47:

Not able to finalize core installation

Error Output:
================

I'm still looking...!

John Brand   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Ah! - even though I received the above error, as soon as I logged back into the UI the upgrade process automatically ran and successfully updated to the .33 version. All fixed and working again now by the look of it

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

John, that is identical to what happened to me. Same error and everything but my install says it is updated. Hopefully everything on the backed is truly updated correctly.

Peter Duddy   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I contacted my ISP about the SSH command, They answered as follows:-
"Unfortunately you wont be able to do that as you don't run your own server. You are on shared hosting instead which means you do not have root access to install this via SSH."
What should I do now?

Brad Smith   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

this is the only error i have in my log ================ [Thu Mar 10 16:11:59.492747 2022] [authz_core:error] [pid 16369:tid 139861575001856] [client 143.198.59.115:47060] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/bizblue/public_html/.env
[Thu Mar 10 16:12:04.052834 2022] [authz_core:error] [pid 16369:tid 139861633750784] [client 143.198.59.115:47840] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/bizblue/public_html/.env
[Thu Mar 10 16:12:04.222599 2022] [authz_core:error] [pid 16369:tid 139861591787264] [client 143.198.59.115:47864] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/bizblue/public_html/.env

Samer   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

i update by manually downloading files

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 11 to 20 of 50 discussions