Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Akaunting 2.1.32 update

Brad Smith   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Samer do you know of manual update documentation?

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

@Probus Club... If your hosting company uses CPanel you should be able to find a terminal option there to run commands from. I am on shared hosting and my shared hosting supports installation of akaunting through softaculous. I went ot the terminal on my CPanel, changed directory to my akaunting folder and ran the command and it worked for me. Hopefully that will work for you too.

Brad Smith   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

actualy its the problem with the update itself ... its missing code. i copped in the files manually and ran the update and it keep giving permission errors. so i went one by one and fixed them.

Peter Duddy   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Hi Jeff
Thanks for your note. My ISP has set up Cpanel so that this can't be done on these shared hosts....

Latest response from my ISP
"In regards to that command that needs to be run, unfortunately, this won't be something you can do on one of our shared hosting packages."

Thanks
Peter

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

Peter,

Yeah some disable SSH, but I'm not sure if the terminal that exists inside of CPanel is also disabled. I didn't use SSH, I used the terminal right in my CPanel which was much easier to do since it was right there on the server and I didn't have to configure anything to connect. But your host may be different and disabled all of that. It might be worth checking. Mine shows up under the "Advanced" area of CPanel while the SSH stuff shows up under "Security".

Pete Raneri   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I ran this command in my akaunting directory via the Terminal option in my cPanel for shared hosting (thank you Jeff Hintze for the insight) and here were my results:

[xxxxxxxxxxxx]$ php artisan update core 1 2.1.32
Downloading update...
Unzipping update...
Copying update files...
Finishing update...
The command /usr/local/bin/php artisan update:finish core 1 2.1.32 2.1.31 failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: /xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx

Output:
================
Finishing update...
Application cache cleared!

In FinishUpdate.php line 47:

Not able to finalize core installation

Error Output:
================

I saw the general error which gave me concern, but then reviewed the Akaunting app in my browser and the version is now 2.1.33 and the update notification is now gone. Everything seems to be ok, but I will report back if I come across any issues.

Thank you also Denis Duliçi!

Peter Duddy   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I managed to get the terminal method to work. I got the errors, but it is now at 2.1.33.

A bit awkward, but we got here OK.

Greg Bockelmann   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

I get: "Could not open input file: artisan". I did a search for that file and doesn't exist in my deployment.

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

@Pete, I'm glad that worked for you. I got the same errors, but the system does seem to think it's updated, so hopefully everything really did update successfully. So far I haven't run into any issues.

@Greg, I assume you did this through the terminal? If so, make sure you change to the directory your akaunting is installed in before running the command

Greg Bockelmann   ( User )

Commented 2 years ago

@Jeff, Thanks that did the trick even though it showed errors it appears to have updated. Strange that it didn't find the artisan file when I searched the system, but it was there.

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 21 to 30 of 50 discussions