Forum

Ask, reply and learn. Join the community of Akaunting.

New Discussion

Akaunting 2.1.32 update

Jeff Hintze   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

Addison, unfortunately I haven't experienced that issue so I can't point you in the right direction. After running the command, what version does your Akaunting show? I know they have updated past .33 now.

Greg Bockelmann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

@Addison, I had gotten the Error 500 after updating to 2.1.35. I got it the next day when I logged back in. Search the forum for ”Error 500” and there is a discussion about permissions to a file that needs to be changed. Check the error.log file for the error.
I'm my case I had to change the owner and group of a folder that was buried deep.

Greg Bockelmann   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

This is discussion a stumbled upon and pointed me to check the logs and turn on debug for more details. https://www.api.akaunting.com/forum/discussion/general/internal-server-error-500

The link to enable debug was wrong you can find that here: https://akaunting.com/docs/faq/error-details

It will show you the path of which you will need to change the permission on.

Addison Neill   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

searching the forum for error 500 retrieves 200 pages of problems .........
also ran the php artisan update for the newer verision 2.1.35 instead of 33 and
it installed seemingly successfully .. no errors
now every tab under my Sales category 500's (except for clients page)
and this error pops in my apache2 errors.log
[CURRENT-DATE-TIME] AH00094 : Command line: 'usr/sbin/apache2'

Addison Neill   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

tks all for the pointers .. I found the offending file ... it was a log file .. looks like its being created by root and www-data needs to own it to write to it ... throws a 500 when the log file cant be written to by that specific user/group

Brandon Pittam   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

I saw John's post about the company "Number" I changed that to #4 and the SSH update worked.

Richard Cooke   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

You may have to change the permissions on the artisan file. In my system it was initially set to 644 - which is missing the "executable" flag amongst others. I changed it to 777 to make sure it would not cause a security issue again.

Richard Cooke   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

I get an error:

"Not able to download core"

Raul Valencia Alcala   ( User )

Commented 1 year ago

me ayudarian a corregir este error por favor
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2".

Rona Harvey   ( User )

Commented 10 months ago

Hi, I've been stuck on 2.1.31 for ages, with no updates ever working and have only just found this thread. My update page now says that 3.1.03 is available, but the same as always, gets stuck on 0%. I've tried the Artisan update, which said it worked fine, but I got an error 500 when trying to navigate to the login page. I looked through the error logs and "fixed" some PHP code and could then login ok, but the updates page returned an error 500, and when I went to the dashboard, it said I was still using version 2.1.31.
I have restored my backup with no problem, but my question now is... If i install a clean version of say 2.1.35 (or whatever is best), would it be possible to use my old database with that in order to keep all my data? I've tried backing everything up and restoring to a clean install of 3.1.03, which kind of worked, but the invoices were all marked paid, but not associated with any payments. Does anyone have any idea how I can move forward from here, or am I stuck on 2.1.31 for ever? Thanks

Please login or register to leave a response.

Showing 41 to 50 of 50 discussions