A Vendor or Seller supplies items (product and service) to your business, which requires you to create a bill.
You can see a complete list of your vendors by clicking on the Vendors option listed under Purchases.
On the vendor's page, you see a summary of bills grouped into Overdue, Open, and Draft.
At the top right of the page, you can find the New Vendor, Payroll, and More options. You can add vendors by selecting the New Vendor button or clicking on the More option to import a list of vendors using XLS or XLSX sheet format.
When creating a new vendor, the following fields are displayed:
- Name: Vendor's name.
- Email: Vendor's email address.
- Phone: Vendor's phone number.
- Website: Vendor's website.
- Reference: Specify or reference number or name
- Picture: Vendor's image to be used in bills as the logo.
- Tax Number: Vendor's tax number.
- Currency: Default currency to be used for the vendor.
- Address finder: Here, you get a droplist of all customer addresses previously added.
- Address: Vendor's address.
Also, when creating a new vendor, there's a Custom Fields button at the top page, which helps you add custom fields to vendor data.
After creating a new vendor, you can see a list of your vendors on the Vendors home page. By checking the Checkbox next to a listed Vendor on the Vendors page, you get the options to enable, disable, delete or export a vendor.
A mouse hover on a listed vendor reveals the options to show, edit, duplicate or delete a vendor.
Viewing the Vendors profile, you can see all the bills and transactions associated with a vendor.
You can complete the following actions to create a new vendor.
- Go to the Vendor Page or directly click the Vendor button on the quick add section
- Click on New Vendor Button
- Fill out the form
- Save and create a new Vendor
To import a list of vendors, you should download the sample template.